Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What I like to see when banking online

Functionality such as personalization (like igoogle, myyahoo) and personal financial management tools like budgeting, bill payment, retirement planning, and goods purchase. How I compare to or measure up to my peers financially in the amount of debt I carry, amount I spend at restaurants, department stores, and gas stations etc. in a private and secure fashion. Kind of like financial social networking. Concept of buckets for savings accounts. For ex.
Goal Bucket 1 Future house equals 60 Percent
Goal Bucket 2 New car equals 20 Percent
Goal Bucket 3 Vacation to Hawaii equals 10 Percent
Goal Bucket 4 Various unexpected needs equals 10 Percent

Deposit of 500
Goal Bucket 1 Future house 300 Dollars
Goal Bucket 2 New car 100 Dollars
Goal Bucket 3 Vacation to Hawaii 50 Dollars
Goal Bucket 4 Various unexpected needs 50 Dollars